- Please select ▼
- NEW BOOKS 2013
- TOP-QUALITY BOOKS, LOW PRICES
- COMBINATIONS OF BOOKS
- PRE JUNIOR - JUNIOR BOOKS
- COURSEBOOK SERIES
- INTERMEDIATE COURSEBOOKS
- UPPER INTERMEDIATE COURSEBOOKS
- CAMBRIDGE FCE BOOKS
- CAMBRIDGE PROFICIENCY BOOKS
- COMBINED ECCE & FCE BOOKS
- On Course for the ECCE (Coursebook)
- Speaking Listening & Writing Skills ECCE
- Grammar, Vocabulary & Reading Skills ECCE
- 6 Practice Tests for the ECCE
- 12 Practice Tests for the ECCE
- On Course for Younger Learners ECCE (Coursebook)
- On Course for the ECPE (Coursebook)
- Writing Skills for the ECPE
- Grammar & Structure for the ECPE
- NEW GENERATION Practice Tests
- GRAMMAR BOOKS
- ADULTS SERIES
- SPEAKING LISTENING AND WRITING BOOKS (Classes A - E)
- WRITING BOOKS (Classes A - E)
- TOEIC(R) TEST
- PTE GENERAL
- SPECIAL BOOKS FOR TEACHERS ONLY
CORRECT English Usage 1 & 2
• CORRECT ENGLISH USAGE 1 & 2 are for teachers only, and are not available in bookshops. Contact GRIVAS publications direct to purchase your copy.
• The books all teachers of English have been waiting for. BOOK 1: 380 pages - BOOK 2: 430 pages
Language is constantly changing. What was unacceptable in the past may be in common usage today. This can present serious difficulties for Greek teachers of English, particularly when they have little or no regular contact with native speakers.
Correct English Usage 1 & 2 provide Greek teachers of English with practical up-to-date guidance on the patterns of usage in the English language. The two books contain a wealth of advanced language points of particular interest to the Greek teacher, compiled after exhaustive research of numerous authoritative sources and close consultation with native speakers. The language used is neither pedantic nor obscure, thus avoiding the confusing explanations so often found in grammar and reference books.
Correct English Usage 1 includes:
- analysis of advanced language points.
- clarification of the meaning and use of confusing words and expressions.
- information on formal and informal usage, appropriateness and style.
- a careful selection of frequently mispronounced English words.
- differences in British and American English.
Correct English Usage 1 & 2 meet the long-neglected need for a contemporary usage guide written specifically for Greek teachers of English, focusing on the doubts and uncertainties they encounter while teaching.
Costas Grivas has been involved in the field of EFL teaching in Greece for over 35 years, both as a teacher and as an author of books for learners of every age and level.
CORRECT ENGLISH USAGE 1 & 2 are for teachers only, and are not available in bookshops. Contact GRIVAS publications direct to purchase your copy.
BOOK 2 will be available February 2011