Writing for the Cambridge English Proficiency
About the book(s)
WRITING aims to prepare students for Paper 2 (Writing) of the revised Cambridge English Proficiency examination, both by enriching their language skills and offering ample practice in all the writing tasks.
Each unit is both task and topic based, and contains the following features:
- Oral work
At the beginning of each lesson, candidates are given the opportunity to discuss the general topic of the unit, thus preparing for the written work to come.
- Vocabulary exercises
Through these, students will enhance and expand their language skills and build up a knowledge of the advanced vocabulary required at this level.
- Error correction exercises
In every unit there is a special focus on error correction. Students are thus alerted to the most common mistakes made by foreigners learning English.
- Task analysis
Candidates are offered invaluable guidance in analysing typical exam tasks and understanding exactly what is required of them.
Model pieces of writing (report, letter, review, essay, etc.) and related exercises highlight what learners need to be aware of in order to fulfil the requirements of the writing section of the exam.
For each piece of writing students will attempt, they are supplied with a straightforward plan to encourage them to organise their ideas in an appropriate way.
WRITING is a systematic approach to teaching writing skills at an advanced level, which at the same time familiarises students with the format of the revised Cambridge English Proficiency examination.
- Student’s Book
- Teacher’s Book
- Please select ▼
- NEW BOOKS 2016
- TOP-QUALITY BOOKS, LOW PRICES
- BOOK COMBINATIONS
- PRE JUNIOR - JUNIOR BOOKS
- COURSEBOOK SERIES
- CAMBRIDGE FCE BOOKS
CAMBRIDGE PROFICIENCY BOOKS
- On Course for the Cambridge English Proficiency Has video
- Reading & Use for the Cambridge English Proficiency Has video
- Speaking & Listening for the Cambridge English Proficiency Has video
- Practice Tests for the Cambridge English Proficiency Has video
- Writing for the Cambridge English Proficiency Has video
- On Course for the ECCE (Coursebook)
- Speaking Listening & Writing Skills ECCE Has video
- Grammar, Vocabulary & Reading Skills ECCE Has video
- 6 Practice Tests for the ECCE Has video
- 12 Practice Tests for the ECCE Has video
- On Course for Younger Learners ECCE (Coursebook) Has video
- On Course for the ECPE (Coursebook) Has video
- Writing Skills for the ECPE Has video
- Grammar & Structure for the ECPE Has video
- NEW GENERATION Practice Tests
- GRAMMAR BOOKS
- ADULTS SERIES
- SPEAKING, LISTENING AND WRITING BOOKS (Classes A - E)
- WRITING BOOKS (Classes A - E)
- TOEIC® TEST
- PTE GENERAL
SPECIAL BOOKS FOR TEACHERS ONLY
- CORRECT English Usage 1 & 2 Has video
- IELTS ACADEMIC